
Kia Ora Cuzzies. Welcome to The Iron Westie Blog; the webpage where yous fellas can look in on my journey from Westie to Ironman Triathlete.
So right now your probably thinking "Man, you're effin' nuts!" Well, you're probably right, but hey! At least I'm gonna go hard and give it a go! What are you doing?!
So what made me think of doing an Ironman? Well me and some mate's were sitting around having a few bevies when this sweet as song came blasting out of the stereo. Ironman by Black Sabbath. Oh yeah! I'm loving that one! Anyway, me and this Bro had this little set to about what the lyrics to that song mean. To solve the argument we decided to google it and wouldn't you know it, the first result was for Ironman NZ (www.ironman.co.nz/). I checked out this site and thought "far out, you've got to be one mean as hard ass to do this thing!" Naturally I thought of me!
"I'm gonna do it!" I says to the Bro's. Now Joe is like "No way you can do that you fat f$%#! Your Holden couldn't even do 180 km's without crapping out! There's no way you can peddle your ass that far!" To cut a long story short wagers were made. So now I'm gonna give it a go! And yous fella's can check in here now and then and see how I'm getting on.
And as for you Joe, never give my Holden crap again! That's harsh Bro! You see, I did check out the lyrics to that song and I was right. I have looked into the future and I'm gonna be an Ironman and then I'm coming back for you! It ain't gonna be pretty! I'm gonna win this bet and when you lose, it will be your ass moving from out West to Central to drink Latte's with the yuppies as you listen to your pathetic Cardigan's version of Ironman; you big girls blouse!
By the way, I'm gonna try and make this page choice as eh!
"I'm gonna do it!" I says to the Bro's. Now Joe is like "No way you can do that you fat f$%#! Your Holden couldn't even do 180 km's without crapping out! There's no way you can peddle your ass that far!" To cut a long story short wagers were made. So now I'm gonna give it a go! And yous fella's can check in here now and then and see how I'm getting on.
And as for you Joe, never give my Holden crap again! That's harsh Bro! You see, I did check out the lyrics to that song and I was right. I have looked into the future and I'm gonna be an Ironman and then I'm coming back for you! It ain't gonna be pretty! I'm gonna win this bet and when you lose, it will be your ass moving from out West to Central to drink Latte's with the yuppies as you listen to your pathetic Cardigan's version of Ironman; you big girls blouse!
By the way, I'm gonna try and make this page choice as eh!